Around Valentines Day I saw lots of social media posts about this dish and couldn’t resist giving it a try. It is supposed to be so delicious that you may even get a marriage proposal! This works well with mashed potatoes and green beans or it would be delicious over pasta.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 chicken breasts
- Handful of halved button mushrooms
- 2 garlic gloves (crushed)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 200ml chicken stock
- Half a jar of sundried tomatoes (drained)
- 100ml double cream
- Handful of grated parmesan
- Parsley and lemon juice to garnish
- I sliced chicken breasts in half on the horizontal to make thinner slices and then browned them in a large frying pan using some olive oil and a knob of butter.
- I removed them from the pan to a plate and then I sliced a few mushrooms and cooked them in the pan with a few cloves of crushed garlic.
- I added a tablespoon of tomato puree, some smoked paprika, oregano and chilli flakes before pouring in 200ml chicken stock.
- I returned the chicken to the pan and bubbled it until the volume of liquid had reduced by half.
- Finally, I added half a jar of sliced sundried tomatoes to the mix and a good splash of double cream and a handful of grated parmesan cheese. I stirred everything through, seasoned to taste,