This is a quick curry that is perfect for a speedy dinner. Great on its own or with rice, chips, or – like I have included here – a quick pan fried naan bread. I developed this speedy store cupboard recipe for the NEC Caravan, Camping and Motorhome show live food demo.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sliced white onion
- 1 heaped tsp garlic paste
- 1 heaped tsp ginger paste
- half tsp chilli paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 tin coconut milk (stirred well with 3/4 cup removed for the naans)
- 1 tin spinach (optional)
- 2 Chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 red chillies thinly sliced lengthways
- 3 Handfuls fresh baby spinach
- Handful crushed cashew nuts
- Handful coriander
- Chop all the vegetables and rinse the chickpeas
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat. Once hot, add the oil and onions.
- Sautée onions for five minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic, chilli, and ginger with the curry powder. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, and coconut milk. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes and serve.
Quick Panfried Naans
- One and three quarters cups plain flour
- 1 heaped Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 3/4 Cup coconut Milk
- Olive Oil and garlic paste mix for basting
- Garlic Oil Fry Light
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- Add the coconut milk gradually and mix until smooth.
- Split into four and shape into balls.
- Roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Spray a frying pan with FryLight and cook the naans for few minutes on each side.